Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sleepy Girl? I think not...

Okay, here's my first Mommy dilemma as a blogger - Maylen, who until now has pretty much gone to bed at 9:30ish and slept till 6ish has decided she doesn't want to sleep well anymore.  Here it is, 11:30, and she's back in the bug playing after screaming her head off up in the crib.  No matter of rocking, consoling, walking, snuggling, etc. was working to put this child to sleep - no, wait, I take that back. She would nod off if I was holding her, but as soon as i put her down...blammo.  Wide awake and yelling. 

Now, she did get away with this during the constipation episode, which i'm happy to say is over...she's back to her usual five poops a day.  We figured that the belly pains were keeping her up, so she got a little extra attention which probably only kicked us in the rear.  But hey, she's so cute and lovable, and what mom wants to see her baby girl with a bellyache?

The other problem - lately, I cannot leave a room she's in.  If i walk out to the kitchen, she howls, and i mean howls like you'd think someone was murdering her.  As soon as i appear in the doorway, she stops.  Like a switch.  So i'm off to research what to do about these two newly developed problems...

When i said i would blog to save my sanity, this is exactly the situations I was thinking about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment