Monday, February 10, 2014

"Berry" Sweet Valentines

I asked Maylen a couple weeks ago who her Valentine was going to be, and she said with a devilish twinkle in her eye, "the baddddest boy in the class." 

I hate it when the future flashes in front of me like that...

Well, while I attempted to talk her out of liking the bad boys and settling more for the quiet kid who can't quite dance and answers all the math questions right, I did manage to get out of her what she'd like to give her classmates for Valentine's Day.  Gummies!

This is what we came up with - I found just enough paper with some fruits on it to cut out enough hearts, and then she picked out the colors for the boys and the girls and we made little cards with a bag of gummies stuck inside.  An easy project requiring only the cricut (doodletype cartridge), my cutter, and my scoring board.  I printed the "You're Berry Sweet" sentiment on cardstock using a simple text box set up in Word.  She helped me stick it all together.  I'm only holding the gummies in with a strip of adhesive on both sides.  Easy to disassemble and eat at the class party.

Last night, she told me she doesn't have a boyfriend and she doesn't want one either.  Now if she'll just keep that attitude till she's about thirty we'll be good... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment